Thursday, April 19, 2007

It's been a long time since I've informed the world that I'm still alive! Not only am I alive I am doing well. I have finished 3 exams and I only have 3 more left to go! Next Friday I will be done my first year of Univeristy.
This last monday April 16, I wrote the MCAT, which is the Medical College of Admissions Test. Thank-you very much to all of you who prayed for me. If I pass this test I can apply to go to medical school. The test was a grueling 4 hours and 20 minutes with 3 ten minute breaks. It covers general physics, general chemistry, biology, organic chemistry, 2 essay questions and verbal reasoning. I felt the test was pretty difficult but I will find out in 27 days if I passed or failed.
Plans for Angola are coming together. I am half way packed, I have all of my immunizations that I need and I have my plane tickets but no visa. Lord willing everything will continue to come together.
I've been reminded constantly that God's hand is at work in my life. Everywhere I go people offer to pray for me and support me in going to Angola. The first travel nurse I went to was a Christian and offered to pray and to get her kids to pray for me, yesterday I went out for breakfast with my mom and we met one of my friends who I worked with at Redberry Bible Camp and she also offered to pray for me. Why did we go to that restaurant or how did I get that travel nurse? It's definitely God's work, may He be praised!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Hi Rebecca... nice blog... I like the preserves picture. It makes me think of eating fruit in the summer. Alas - for now, I wish you all the best with your last couple exams and final preps for Angola! I am so jealous, but also know that you are going to have SUCH an experience and learn so so much! I think I will miss you during the annual chicken festival '07. Who will I have to talk me through it!? Anyway... Blessings to you!

Pre-natal Clinic at Rio da Huila

Pre-natal Clinic at Rio da Huila
This is me and my chara (person with the same name as me). She is a nursing student in Lubango and spent her holidays at the clinic getting some hands on experience. I was able to teach her how to measure bellies and find heart rates. It was really exciting to see her face light up as she felt the baby.

Pre-natal Clinic at Rio da Huila

Pre-natal Clinic at Rio da Huila
This is a traditional olumhuila lady. Her many beads are a sign of her wealth and status within her village.

My friend Fernando

My friend Fernando